The Antioxidant benefits of Superfoods
The Antioxidant benefits of Superfoods have been in the spotlight as of late. Countless research studies have found boundless benefits in consuming a wide variety of superfoods. These foods are called superfoods because they are nutritionally denser than other foods and are especially beneficial for a person's health and wellbeing. To gain the most benefit from these superfoods, it is important one chooses foods that are high in antioxidants so their health can be protected.
Why are Antioxidant Superfoods So Important?
Antioxidants are a crucial part of good health. These molecules fight against the free radicals that work to try and destroy healthy cells in the body. Unfortunately, free radicals can lead, not only to cell destructionbut also to DNA mutations that cause cancerous growths. Through oxidative stress, the body can begin to experience organ malfunction which can lead to various health concerns such as diabetes, heart disease, and diseases of the brain.
To protect the body from free radicals, antioxidants are needed in large amounts. Although the body produces some antioxidants, these are typically not enough to prevent cellular damage. This is why it is crucial people understand theAntioxidant benefits of Superfoods so they can know which ones they should include in their diet to protect their health.
Which Superfoods Contain High Amounts of Antioxidants?
* Dark grapes in colors of red, blue, and purple are superfoods that are filled with a vital antioxidant called phytochemicals. These antioxidants are believed to help fight against cancer and heart disease. These grapes also help to boost the immune system to protect the health. Dark grapes also contain high levels of vitamin C and beneficial selenium.
* Another source of phytochemicals is blueberries. These berries help to not only protect the body at the cellular levelbut also help to lower inflammation levels in the body. Eating these berries on a regular basis can help to protect the body from cancer, heart disease, and other health conditions.
* Red berries, such as cranberries and raspberries, contain high levels of an antioxidant called ellagic acid. This phytonutrient is especially beneficial in protecting the body from cancer. By working to destroy the free radicals that are attempting to attack the body, ellagic acid can help to prevent the DNA mutations that occur within the nucleus.
* Dark green vegetables like spinach, collard greens, and broccoli are some of the most nutritionally dense superfoods available. Those who are seeking to protect and even improve their health should fill their diets with these beneficial vegetables. By lightly steaming the vegetables, instead of boiling or frying, one can keep more of the antioxidants intact so they can fight disease.
* Sweet potatoes and carrots are beneficial because of their high levels of beta-carotene. Other orange vegetables, like acorn and butternut squash not only contain high levels of beta-carotene, they also include large amounts of vitamin C for an immune booster.
* Green tea is another superfood that continues to be studied for its high levels of antioxidants. If one drinks Matcha green tea, they can consume as many as 137x the amount of antioxidants of other green teas because the entire tea leaf is consumed. Green tea contains anthocyanin and pro anthocyaninwhich are strong antioxidants that fight against inflammation in the body. This tea also offers high levels ofepigallocatechin gallate which is a strong antioxidant that aids the body in staying healthy.
How to Incorporate These Superfoods Into a Healthy Diet
When it comes to protecting the health of the body, it is crucial people make smart choices in the foods they eat. Diets that are filled with processed foods contain high levels of chemicals that can cause high levels of oxidative stress. Instead of eating from boxes and fast food restaurants, it behooves one to enjoy a wide variety of foods that come from the earth.
A wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, in an array of colors, will provide the body with the crucial antioxidants it must have for good health. Vividly colored fruits and vegetables meanhigher levels of antioxidants. Choose deep purples, oranges, reds, and blues for better health. When one consumes these in high amounts, they are flooding their body with the high level of antioxidants that are needed to ensure free radicals do not take over and begin to cause catastrophic damage.
To ensure each portion is full of antioxidants that have not been disturbed, it is important to consume as many of these superfooods in their raw state as possible. In their raw form, these fruits and vegetables contain higher levels of antioxidants so they are more beneficial to the health.
If a fruit or vegetable must be cooked in any way, it is best to lightly steam them. Steaming generally does not destroy as many antioxidants and other vital nutrients as frying and heavy boiling do. Eating a mixture of both raw and steamed vegetables will give the best results when it comes to protecting the health and preventing cellular damage.
With the toxic environment, we live in these days, it is crucial to protect the body against free radicals with a glutathione supplement that will destroy cells and cause tumor formations to occur. This can only be done through giving the body the strong level of protection it needs through antioxidants.
Since most people do not produce the right amount of antioxidants their body needs, it is critical a wide variety of healthy food choices are consumed on a daily basis so the body is armed. Each time a meal is eaten, it should be a colorful one that is vibrant and fresh. Understanding theAntioxidant benefits of Superfoods will allow a person to do all they can to protect their health by consuming as many of the vital superfoods as they can.
With these beneficial foods, you can stay on track of your health and prevent needless diseases from attacking your body and causing disruptions in your body function. Using nature's "pharmaceuticals", instead of manmade pills will keep you healthy and strong for life.